The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will define and execute our go-to-market strategy, leading brand awareness and demand generation initiatives across all marketing channels. The CMO will partner with the executive team to set marketing goals and develop strategies aligned with business objectives and market dynamics. The ideal candidate is a dynamic and versatile leader who can pivot effortlessly between brand positioning, demand generation, public relations and marketing operations.
- 7+ years of B2B / Enterprise and SaaS product experience, including four+ years in an executive marketing role with a proven track record of driving meaningful and measurable results in high growth companies with a strong brand presence.
- Strong experience in partnering with product and engineering teams to align product specifications with target market needs.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to assess industry and technology trends, competitor positioning and capabilities, and customer requirements to develop an intelligent marketing strategy; experience in translating marketing strategy into an integrated strategy for product development; Naturally strong communicator, effective one-on-one and in front of larger groups; previous experience in public speaking; clear thinker; intentional listener; talented writer; previous experience in creating marketing or product material, leading webinars, interacting and building relationships with clients and partners.
- Previous experience leading or directly overseeing effective digital demand generation programs; effectively defining criteria for a "qualified" lead and implementing lead nurturing programs that incorporate campaign design, utilization of marketing automation and other tactics to produce a steady stream of SQL.
- In the selection and hiring of external consultants and agencies that best align with the needs of the company in the different stages of growth.
- Proven ability to pivot as needed to adjust marketing strategies and programs.
- Extensive experience with boards of directors and investors.
What will you do?
- Leads all aspects of the company's marketing initiatives, including demand generation (online and offline), branding, creative, content marketing, communications/public relations, events, reporting and analytics.
- Works cross-functionally with key stakeholders in sales, customer success and product functions to ensure marketing efforts are aligned with the product roadmap, sales initiatives and overall business growth strategy.
- Define and implement operational metrics, KPIs and other measures of success that measure, optimize and continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs, tactics and strategies.
- Own measurement of the results of marketing efforts against strategic objectives.
- Build and lead a world-class marketing organization by developing talent, hiring well and scaling the team to achieve aggressive growth targets.
- Serves as an innovative brand ambassador internally and externally, creating smart, engaging and creative content / messaging, with the goal of shaping the overall narrative and increasing overall brand visibility.
- Create a compelling digital marketing strategy that delivers MQL.
- Develop targeted lead generation programs, lead scoring and qualification, marketing automation applications, funnel metrics and reports that achieve new quarterly lead generation goals.
- With Sales, define, plan and execute an account-based marketing strategy that produces meetings within defined strategic accounts.
- Develop rapid test plans and monitor performance results for multiple customer acquisition channels to measure, report and optimize marketing campaigns.
- You'll be an independent operator: while you'll work closely with other team members and eventually build your own team, you'll be comfortable operating on your own when you need to and just getting things done. One step at a time. From day one.
- Reporting to the CEO, the role will be responsible for building and leading the team in developing, testing and executing strategies for sustainable new customer acquisition and retention.